We, Department for Events Limited, are careful to protect the privacy of our customers and users of our website.
Collection of personal information
- We may monitor visits to this website and retain information about users to monitor and analyse how this site or parts of it are used.
- On certain pages of this site you have the option to submit personal information to us so that we may send you further information, email alerts or make your use of the site more useful.
- If you have submitted personal information through this website and wish us to stop using it please email us with that request at Enquiries@DepartmentforEvents.co.uk
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Department for Events Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10182112 whose registered office is at c/o Lopian Gross Barnett & Co Cardinal House, 20 St Mary’s Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2LG.
- Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide its users with a tailored experience within this website. These cookies do not save secure information such as credit card, debit card or other payment details.
- Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer’s hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors. This may, however, prevent websites that you are visiting from working properly.
- Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer.
Contact & Communication
- Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk.
- Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form of email submission process, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
- This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services and events we offer, to invoice you, to manage our website and improve the way in which it is used by you and to enable us to perform our contractual obligations to you and to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to.
- This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material.
- Save as required by law or as notified to you in this policy, your details are not passed on to any third parties without your prior consent.
- It is agreed that if Department for Events Limited or its business or a substantial part of it is sold then we may transfer our databases containing your personal information to an actual or potential purchaser.
- You agree that we may share your data with third parties who work with us, for example sponsors and exhibitors at events we deliver and that you attend.
- If you book to attend an event, you consent to us sharing your data with such third parties, and to those third parties contacting you with marketing communications following the event about the products and services they provide. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at [insert email contact address] and we will update your privacy settings.
- This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
- Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Save a required by law or as stated in this policy, no personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website.
- Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include without limitation; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
- In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
- Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
- The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
- This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, who may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
- Users should therefore note they click on sponsored external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/ engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
- This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
- This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses]
- Users are advised to exercise caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Access to information about you
By law you are entitled to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Consent to be photographed at events
By attending an event hosted by us you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded at the event. If your badge/personal details are legible, we will contact you to ask your permission before publication.
Resources & Further Information:
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
- Web Design Wales